Garrett is experienced in representing a wide range of clients in both commercial litigation and bankruptcy matters.
“I am always glad to help my clients resolve their disputes so that they can get on with their business.”
Garrett’s practice focuses on representing individuals and businesses in a wide range of commercial litigation and bankruptcy matters. Garrett’s clients include secured and unsecured creditors, corporate and individual debtors and other individuals and entities seeking to resolve commercial disputes. He has defended and prosecuted a wide range of commercial matters in State and Federal Court, including contract litigation, insolvency related litigation and collection related litigation. Garrett has also represented creditors and commercial debtors in a wide variety of bankruptcy related matters.
- Emory University School of Law, Juris Doctor, with Honors
- Arizona State University, Bachelor of Science in Finance
Honors, Awards and Community
- Guest lecturer, “Tips from Professionals,” Bankruptcy Law Research, Emory University School of Law, April 2016.
- Guest lecturer, “The Automatic Stay,” Bankruptcy Assistance and Practice Program, Georgia State University School of Law, March 2016.
- Bankruptcy Issues of Special Interest to Judgment Creditors, Gus H. Small and Garrett H. Nye, March 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017. State Bar of Georgia seminar material.
- What to Do When There is not a Plan in the Debtor’s Future - Structured Dismissals, Conversions and Absolute Priority Rule Issues, Karen Fagin White, Garrett H. Nye, J. William Boone and Katie Z. Merrell, October 2010. State Bar of Georgia Seminar material.
- Real Property Foreclosure in Georgia: The End or the Beginning, Karen Fagin White and Garrett H. Nye, June 2009. Turnaround Management Association seminar material.
- Business Bankruptcy: Keepin’ ‘Em in, Gettin’ ‘Em Out, Blowin’ up the Case, and Doin’ it Ethically, Karen Fagin White and Garrett H. Nye, May 2009. Alabama State Bar seminar material.
Outside of Work
Garrett is originally from the suburbs of Chicago, Illinois. When not spending time with his wife and daughters, Garrett enjoys all things automotive, participating in local autocross events, watching hockey, cooking and playing the guitar.