A founding partner of the firm, Steve has practiced in both the Family Wealth Planning and Corporate areas for 44 years, often representing large closely held companies in their business matters and the families that own them in their personal planning.
“Over my 44 years in the practice of law, I have learned that to be a counselor to my clients and to earn their trust and loyalty is the greatest and most rewarding part of practicing law.”
Steve’s practice combines business transaction services and tax advice with estate and family planning to provide a comprehensive knowledge base from which to help his clients with their business and personal affairs.
- Emory University School of Law, Juris Doctor, With Distinction
- Tulane University, Bachelor of Arts, cum laude
Honors, Awards and Community
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Order of the Coif
- Frequent lecturer on family philanthropy and charitable giving techniques
- Best Lawyers in America in Corporate Law and Trusts and Estates
- Georgia Trend Legal Elite
- Peer Reviewed Attorney Rating of AV Preeminent (highest rating held by only 8% of lawyers) by Martindale Hubbell for 30 consecutive years.
- Board Chair, Jewish Home Life Communities (i.e., William Breman Jewish Home and all of its related entities); Past President, Congregation Shearith Israel, Atlanta, Georgia; Past Honoree, Congregation Shearith Israel Dinner of Honor; Recipient 2013 “Greater Good Award” from the Georgia Planned Giving Counsel. Past Chair; Planned Giving and Endowment Committee and Member of the Board of Trustees, Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta; Past Member, Board of Trustees, the Weber School; Past Member, Board of Trustees The Greenfield Hebrew Academy; Officer and Board Member, The Jewish Home Foundation, Inc.; Member, Board of Trustees of The McCamish Foundation, Inc.; Member, Board of Trustees of several private and supporting Foundations
Outside of Work
A native of Atlanta, Steve enjoys his six grandchildren and attending all of their activities, reveling in the accomplishments of his three sons, dinners with friends, attending Braves and Georgia Tech games, volunteering and trips to the beach with his wife, JoLynn.