A partner in CPMT litigation group and a CPMT attorney since 2000, Bruce has extensive experience representing a broad range of clients in insolvency, fiduciary and other types of civil litigation in both federal and state courts.
“In my practice, I strive to provide superior client service and to achieve successful, cost-effective results.”
Bruce clerked for bankruptcy judges in Florida and California before working for law firms in California and Georgia. Bruce is licensed to practice law in Georgia, Florida and California. Bruce’s practice includes commercial bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, out-of-court workouts, estate and trust litigation, and general commercial litigation.
- Emory University School of Law, LL.M. (Taxation)
- Stetson University College of Law, Juris Doctor
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts
Honors, Awards and Community
- Bruce is a member of the Atlanta Bar Association (Bankruptcy Law Section and Litigation Section), the State Bar of Georgia (Creditors’ Rights Section and Bankruptcy Law Section), the American Bankruptcy Institute, and Lawyers Club of Atlanta. Atlanta Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section, Board of Directors: Member at Large, 2015-2018; Secretary, 2018-2019; Vice Chair/Chair Elect, 2019-2020; Chair 2020-2021 (earning “Small Section of the Year” award).
- Author: “Preventing Contract-Based Setoff Disputes in Bankruptcy Court,” American Bankruptcy Institute Secured Credit Committee Newsletter – August 2012.
- Presenter: “Bankruptcy and Commercial Real Estate,” Building Owners and Managers Association – Allied Member Resource Group Seminar, August 2012. “Bankruptcy Motion Practice,” NBI/National Business Institute Seminar, July 2013.
- Moderator: “Negotiation Strategies in Commercial Legal Proceedings,” Atlanta Bar Association – Bankruptcy Section, February 2016. "Fresh Start Gets Spoiled: Hot Topics in 523 and 727 Dischargeability Actions," Atlanta Bar Association - Bankruptcy Section, May 2017.
- Bruce has been named to Georgia Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite.
Outside of Work
Outside of the office, Bruce enjoys spending time with his children. His hobbies include playing acoustic guitar and cooking.