Kevin helps families and institutions navigate through estate and trust disputes using both strong legal advocacy and collaborative negotiation skills.
“It’s always gratifying to help people to resolve a dispute and move on past the conflict.”
Kevin's practice focuses on litigation, primarily in estate, trust, and probate matters, as part of CPMT comprehensive Family Wealth Planning group. He has presented numerous seminars and Continuing Legal Education courses on fiduciary litigation, risk management, landlord/tenant law and other legal issues. He also provides pro bono representation and consulting to various schools and non-profit organizations in the Atlanta area.
- University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, Juris Doctor; Master of Arts (Linguistics)
- State University of New York at Potsdam, Bachelor of Arts, cum laude
Honors, Awards and Community
- State Bar of Georgia (Fiduciary Law, Litigation and Real Estate sections)
- Atlanta Bar Association (Estate Planning & Probate (Board of Directors, 2017-2019), Elder Law (Treasurer, 2017-2018), Litigation, and Real Estate sections)
- Atlanta Bar Association Estate Planning & Probate section – Director, July 1, 2017 –
- Atlanta Bar Association Elder Law Section – Treasurer, July 1, 2017 –
- Atlanta Estate Planning Council, Member
- Super Lawyers – 2017, 2018 (Estate & Trust Litigation)
- Building Owners & Managers Association (BOMA)-Georgia (Board of Trustees – BOMA-Georgia Foundation, 2016-2017; Board of Directors, 2014-2015; Government Affairs Committee Chair, 2008, 2009; BOMA Committee Chair of the Year award, 2009)
- City of Atlanta – Office of Buildings Technical Advisory Committee (2012-2014, 2015-2017 (two-year appointment by Mayor Kasim Reed)), BOMA representative
- Morningside Elementary School – Local School Council (2012-2014 (elected to two-year term))
- Grant Park Conservancy – Board of General Directors (2006-2012)
- Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce – Committee for a Better Atlanta
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta, Member
- Wesley International Academy – Board of Managers (2009-2011)
Outside of Work
Kevin enjoys spending time with his family, travel, watching sports of all kinds, running and biking outdoors, and going to music and comedy shows with his wife, Jenka.