Doug has been an estate planning/tax attorney for over twenty years. In his previous career as an estate tax attorney with the Internal Revenue Service, he acquired invaluable expertise in respect to internal agency policies and procedures as well as insights into the practical aspects of defending a challenged tax position.
“I have always enjoyed puzzles and exploring situations that present a problem to be solved. It is most gratifying when those solutions also make a meaningful difference in a client’s life and financial well-being.”
In addition to advanced estate planning techniques, Doug also counsels families and small business owners on strategies to improve their organizational structures and minimize their taxes in the future.
- University of Georgia, Juris Doctor cum laude
- West Georgia University, Bachelor of Arts
HONORS, AWARDS AND COMMUNITY
- Admitted to practice before the United States Tax Court
- Member, National Association of Estate Planners & Councils
- Member, Atlanta Estate Planning Council
- Accredited Estate Planner®
- Member, State Bar of Georgia
- Member, Atlanta Bar Association
- Member, Lawyers Club of Atlanta
OUTSIDE OF WORK
Doug lives with his wife Lynn in North Fulton County near the Chattahoochee and enjoys watching the neighborhood deer, owls and bluebirds from their solarium. A good weekend is hiking in North Georgia or exploring out-of-the-way places and events. His favorite relaxation is playing Mozart sonatas and watching any YouTube video about the Habsburg Empire.